Increase the Value of Your Home
Life-Long Good Looks
Engineered Hardwood Flooring
Is Simply Real Wood, Engineered for All Areas of Your Home
What is engineered hardwood and how is it made?
Engineered Hardwood is built with the ply-base and real wood top layer for several reasons & serves multiple purposes.
- It increases the dimensional stability of the planks, which also allows for stronger, wider planks.
- The top wear layer can be sanded/refinished multiple times.
- Engineered hardwood can handle humidity levels better than solid. That means less expansion and contraction over time. It is much more stable than solid and doesn’t wrap or hump the way solid does.
Engineered Hardwood Flooring Installation
Engineered Hardwood Flooring is very versatile when it comes to installation.
- It can be glued down, nailed, floated. The ply-base in engineered planks allows for installation in all areas and levels of your home along with the ability to glue to concrete slab and in some cases it’s compatible with radiant heating.
- It can be installed below ground level, on ground level, and above ground level.
- Engineered flooring can be installed in higher moisture areas such as basements or kitchens, especially if you want to maintain a consistent look throughout your home or office.
Engineered Flooring Durability
Engineered Flooring is a long-lasting, durable, beautiful, and low-maintenance choice. Prefinished engineered hardwood is especially durable because of the factory-applied coating.
While engineered flooring is very durable and scratch-resistant, the biggest determining factor in scratch-resistance comes down to you specific floor’s wood specie and finish type.
Hardwood floors come in a variety of different wood species such as, hickory, oak, maple, walnut, etc. Each of the wood species has a “Janka Hardness Rating” that determines how durable that specific floor is.
Solid Hardwood Flooring
Solid Hardwood is Classic, Timeless & Authentic
Solid hardwood planks are simply milled from real wood and left at that. They are made up of a solid piece of wood and nothing else. The benefits of solid hardwood are:
- They are a classic choice that have been used for hundreds of years.
- Solid hardwood can be sanded and refinished about 5 to 6 times.
- It is an eco-friendly choice with a natural look.
Solid Hardwood Installation
Solid can be glued or nailed to a wood subfloor.
Solid hardwood can be installed on or above ground level. We don’t recommend installing it below ground level such as in basements or any moisture prone areas.